Monday, September 7, 2009

Goodbye Sara...We Will Miss You...

Our fish, Sara, died today. We have had her for three years. Who knows if it is a boy fish or a girl fish, but our family decided to name her, Sara. Of course, I had a bond with her. As much as a bond I could have. I was the one who cleaned her bowl once a week, feed her twice a day and basically took care of her. Sometimes, I had to remind the girls that we even had a fish. Maybe the fish was for my sake-ha! This past week she developed a whitish look about her that was not right! I knew then, she was taking a turn for the worse. I told the girls that Sara would probably be dying soon. Well, they talked to the fish and visited with her as much as possible. Am I crazy or what-this is just a fish I am talking about. But, we even had fish sitters for her when we went out of town. We were not about to let the fish die on us! I cannot even believe I am writing this much about our fish-she was part of the family! So, unfortuntely, we woke up this morning to Sara turned to her side-dead...So, like most people, we had a funeral for her. I put her in a plastic bag, each of the girls held the bag, said their goodbye's and Steve got the shovel and we buried her in the backyard. We said a little prayer, thanking God for the time we had with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment