Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday to Emma!!!

We were thrilled our middle girl turned the "big 5". She was so excited with the anticipation of turning one year older. As we did with our youngest last month, Lydia, who turned 3, we decided to celebrate as a family. I love birthday parties because it is a celebration of life. A celebration that the Lord has blessed us with. I love celebrating every year I have with my children. Thank you Lord for my girls!


We woke up to our traditional smilely face pancakes whith redi whip and chocolate chips. Then, we got ready and went to the Rainforest Adventure Center in Sevierville. The center had many of the rainforest animals. The kids had a blast! Grandaddy met us there to celebrate Emma's special day.



Then, it was back home to let the family party to begin...We started off with a Wizard of Oz party, Emma's favorite! We had lasagne and bread and I made ice cream cone cakes with icing. I thought I would do something a little bit different for the girls, but as soon as we sat down to eat them, the first thing Emma asked was, "where is my cake momma?" I will know next time, do nothing new, just stick with tradition of a "cake".


We then opened presents and played several games the girls were excited to play. We played musical chairs, pin the tail on the donkey-an all time favorite, pop the balloons, and the pinata. It was so much fun!!!


We were tired! Now, this weekend, we are off to Nashville to see the Rockettes in celebration of Emma's birthday too! A gift from MiMi and PawPaw.


I'll post the pictures next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment