Sunday, July 12, 2009

What Would Jesus Do?


I love life...Life is truly a gift from our precious Lord. Even though I am in my early thirties and have three wonderful little girls, I have realized just how short life really is. We are only given a short amount of time to experience life here on earth until we share it in the presence of our Lord. Each day in all circumstances, I try to think with my heart, "what would Jesus do?" how would He handle the situation, react to a situation, answer a question, be that friend (even to a stranger), be a mother, a daughter, a wife...Because it is Him who lives inside me. It is not that of my selfish ways, it is of Him. The bible tells us what is ours is His. Everything we have, is His! We are never to keep or hoard for ourselves, but rather give and in return He will turn around and bless you. He always does! Well, I have to share with you something that happened over the weekend. We again were cooking out in Cades Cove with the family and a man walked up as we were eating and asked if we had any lighter fluid? No, only charcoal. So, he walked away. Then, I immediately used my heart and said, "what would Jesus do?" he has this big family to feed and no fire to do it. So, I turned to Steve and said, lets give him the rest of our bag of charcoal to see if that would help start his fire. Sure enough, Steve ran after him to give him the charcoal. Then, just a few minutes later, we heard clapping and cheering! Obviously, the bag of charcoal worked. Then, another stranger came up with a whole half of a watermelon and said, would like to have this half of watermelon, we cannot finish it. Yes, Jesus blessed us with a half of watermelon! Thank you Jesus, it was delicious! Jesus always blesses you in return for giving....even if it's just charcoal...

No comments:

Post a Comment